Thursday, March 31, 2011

Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday



Hello everyone and Happy April Fool's Day and of course, Blog Hop and Follow Friday!

Our first host, Crazy-for-Books (http://www.crazy-for-books.com/) is asking the following question.
"Since today is April Fool's Day in the USA, what is the best prank you have ever played on someone OR that someone has played on you?"

My answer:

Strangely enough, the only prank I can remember pulling is putting tennis balls in my husbands pillow. In my defense, he pranks me constantly. I keep threatening to put his underwear in the freezer. One day...One day...

What has he done to me to warrant tennis balls? Turned my pants inside out one morning when I was late going to school, putting dog toys under my pillow, faking me out about pigeons being small turkeys. I freaking believed him. Ugh! (This is when I was much younger, people. I'm just sayin'.)

What else...there have been so many things over the years you start to lose track of them all. He is a sweet trickster at heart and keeps me on my toes.

I hope you and yours have a safe and fun April Fool's Day!





Thursday, March 31, 2011


Feature & Follow Friday #39


Happy Follow Friday everyone! Let me tell you a little bit about this HOP. Every Friday or really Thursday evening we all get together and say HI! But, we need to know how to find you, so please leave your link in the Mr. Linky below. Also on Follow Friday we have a Feature...because alliteration is the way we roll. Each week is a different feature from the book blogging community. They are picked randomly or I give in after multiple harassing emails. Just depends on the week. If you want to be next weeks feature...leave your link. Also, I've had a recent rash of people signing up on the linky weeks later, which sort of defeats the purpose. If you want to participate check back here on the next Friday! The link is on Parajunkee's website, http://www.parajunkee.com/


Our feature this week is...







Last week I decided that I wanted to start a book blog because I love to read books. I also thought it would be cool to share my opinion of a book with other people who also like reading, so I did a little research. I decided to ask my friend BookLover and she thought it was a great idea, so we became co-writers. After deciding on what we would do on the blog BooksAhoy was born.
Personally I love to read and there is hardly ever a time when you won't see my nose in a book. My favorite genre of books are action/adventure books with a little romance thrown into the mix, such as Twilight. BookLover is a big fan of the fantasy books. This combination gives us both a chance to explore new book boundaries. Overall, we love to read and can't imagine a world without books.

Q. What is the book that you really don't want to admit to loving??

For me it would be Time And Again: Time Was\Times Change by Nora Roberts. For some reason I adore that book, but I just can't admit to loving anything by Nora Roberts. LOL
My answer:
Wow. I have to think of something here. I guess the book I get most embarrassed about that I actually liked was Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. Normally, I don't care for Christian Fiction. Most especially if it is preachy. Somehow, that one got by my radar and I actually liked it.
Thanks for another edition of Follow Friday! Hope you all have a great week! Stay a moment and share some comment love!

5 comments:

  1. Haha, you have such a playful relationship! You should pull a big one on him tomorrow. :P I definitely would. Maybe pop out at him from a washing machine or something!

    http://room304.brokenphrases.info

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! You should definitely freeze his underwear! Do it!

    Happy Friday! :)
    Lucia
    iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, the oold underwear in the freezer prank! man that would suck so badly.
    New follower here (:

    Here`s mine:
    http://studdedkissya.blogspot.com/2011/04/follow-friday-book-blogger-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skivies in the freezer? Now that would be a good one!

    Have a great weekend!

    Kristi-The Book Faery's BBH & FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Newest follower here via the Friday hop. I'm a new contemporary romance writer and a reader of almost anything! Hope you stop by and check out my blog.

    http://writerekelly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!