Friday, March 18, 2011

Follow Friday and Blogger Hop


Welcome to another Follow Friday and Blog Hop!


Happy Follow Friday everyone! Let me tell you a little bit about this HOP. Every Friday or really Thursday evening we all get together and say HI! But, we need to know how to find you, so please your link in the Mr. Linky below. Also on Follow Friday we have a Feature...because alliteration is the way we roll. Each week is a different feature from the book blogging community. They are picked randomly or I give in after multiple harassing emails. Just depends on the week. If you want to be next weeks feature...leave your link. Also, I've had a recent rash of people signing up on the linky weeks later, which sort of defeats the purpose. If you want to participate check back here on the next Friday!


Our feature this week is...






Gone with the Words



Hi everyone! I’m Jess and I’m behind the “Gone with the Words” blog! I haven’t always been a reader, I was in Middle School (or Junior High to some of you), but lost interest in High School. It all changed in 2009 when I bought Twilight....and read it in a matter of hours. I then scrambled to get my hands on the rest of the series and didn’t leave my house all weekend. The rest is history. I was in love with books once again.

After reading about 200 books last year alone I decided to begin a blog where I could talk about them. Thus, Gone with the Words was born in January. At that time it wasn’t called that though, it was called “Read? Don’t Mind if I Do...” but wasn’t in love with that name. So I held a poll that included names suggested by other bloggers and Twitter friends, and that’s how I got the name for my blog. As for which genres I like, it’s evolving the more I read. I love Paranormal/Fantasy & Contemporary YA and Romance the most though. I also really like Urban Fantasy. If it’s a series, that’s even better.

Q. How did you come up with your blog name?


Mine is rather stupid. You see I tend to be that person that stuffs things together to make new and interesting things. Or just silly names - which seems to be trendy for the last decade especially with celeb names. So like, I was trying to choose what I wanted to be when I grew up and I said to myself:

"Well I like computers. Total computer dork. And I like art. So that makes me...the perfect Computer Graphic Designer!" That was random, but true.

How does this translate to a name...well I like paranormal stuff and I'm a book junkie, so...I shortened it changed the ie to ee...just for shits and giggles and viola' Parajunkee as a handle. Tack on the View because of course the blog is my opinion and there you have it. Parajunkee's View.




Now for the Follow Fun!







To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host { http://www.Parajunkee.com/ } and any one else you want to follow on the list
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers - http://bookaholicdoesblogging.blogspot.com
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
  5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  7. If you're new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

Happy Follow Friday!

Follow it up with your twitter address if you want to get that one out!
*********


My answer:

I have always loved YA books, and it seems that most of the time, I look around my house and what do I see? Piles of books of course! Usually they are YA. Sometimes they are knitting, crochet, zombie books, or with my newest blog, witchy stories. You just never know. What I do know is that my writing desk is covered in books (happy sigh) and that is never a bad thing. If I need to move them, I can just finish taking over the shoe shelves in the closet.




In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word!  This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books!  It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs to read!  So, grab the logo, post about the Hop on your blog, and start HOPPING through the list of blogs that are posted in the Linky list at http://www.crazy-for-books.com/


The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week, so if you don't have time to Hop today, come back later and join the fun!  This is a weekly event!  And stop back throughout the weekend to see all the new blogs that are added!  We get over 200 links every week!! 

RULES:

Your blog should have content related to books, including, but not limited to book reviews.
1.  Enter your book blog link in the Linky List below
In your link, please state the main genre that you review:  eclectic, contemp. fiction, ya, paranormal, mystery, non-fiction, etc.

Example:  Crazy-for-Books (contemp. adult fiction) 

2. Post about the Hop on your blog.  Spread the word about the book party!  The more the merrier!  In your blog post, answer the following question (new question each week!).  

If you have a suggestion for a future HOP question, go to http://www.crazy-for-books.com/!  Thanks! 
 
This week's question comes from Somer who blogs at A Bird's Eye Review (her blog design is ADORABLE - check it out!):
 "Do you read only one book at a time, or do you have several going at once?"

My answer:  In the days before my Nook, I would typically only read one book at a time.  Since I've acquired an e-reader, I typically have 2 books going at once - one on the e-reader that I can throw in the purse or take to the gym - and one in paper that I read at home.  Right now, I have 3 books going which is CRAZY for me - 1 book on the Nook, 1 book in PDF on my Netbook, and 1 book in paper!


3.  Visit other blogs in the Linky List!  Make new friends!  Follow new book bloggers!  Talk about books!  Rave about authors!  Take the time to make a quality visit!  Check out other posts and content, make a new friend!  Don't randomly follow someone if you never intend on actually following them!  No spamming please!  (Please do not leave your link and not visit other blogs - it's just not cool and not in the spirit of the Hop!)

And just as an FYI - this event is not something you should feel that you have to participate in every week.  If you want to join in and link up once a month, GREAT!  It's up to you how often you participate!

So, have fun HOPPING and enjoy your BOOK PARTY weekend!!!

My answer:

I have several books going at once. Usually one for each blog. Well, at least one. My YA blog is the heaviest right now with a mermaid series going on and some other books I am reviewing on a deadline. If I could strap on a futuristic device that let me read in my sleep, I would do it. For me, it is paper books, PDFs on my IPad and e-books on the Nook Color. Oh, and audio books too!UPDATE:  THE BOOK BLOGGER HOP DOES NOT ACCEPT TWITTER LINKS!  IF YOU LEAVE A TWITTER LINK, IT WILL BE DELETED!!!  ONLY YOUR BLOG URL IS ACCEPTED!  THANK YOU

3 comments:

  1. HEY!! New follower from FF ;)
    http://fortheloveofya210.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pink! And your blog. New follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!