Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What I'm listening to....

This week, I am on vacation and enjoying the awesome words of Kathy Reichs in Virals.


Tory Brennan, niece of acclaimed forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan (of the Bones novels and hit TV show), is the leader of a ragtag band of teenage "sci-philes" who live on a secluded island off the coast of South Carolina. When the group rescues a dog caged for medical testing on a nearby island, they are exposed to an experimental strain of canine parvovirus that changes their lives forever.

As the friends discover their heightened senses and animal-quick reflexes, they must combine their scientific curiosity with their newfound physical gifts to solve a cold-case murder that has suddenly become very hot if they can stay alive long enough to catch the killer's scent. (Goodreads)


What I liked:
Everything. This audiobook was very engaging. I checked it out through our local library's e-branch and listened to it right from my Ipad. The characters were believable. The storyline was different and the snark prolific. Tory is a character I will want to follow. Since this is a series, that won't be a problem. 

What I didn't:
It ended. Sigh.

Overall impression:
Being a dog lover, tying the canine parvo disease into the storyline had me early on. The interaction of Tory with the rest of the characters was realistic and "pageturning." This book was amazing. At first, you get the impression that it is a werewolf novel, but no. Nothing as predictable as that. It is wild. Primal. Viral. This is a series that will hold my attention several books to come. I just wish they would come faster.


1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!