Monday, March 21, 2011

Betrayal: The Review

At seventeen, Cordelia is an ordinary teen with an extraordinary and frightening secret. A secret that induces vivid dreams which she not only experiences true love, but crippling fear while barely escaping with her life each night.

After a life altering event, Cordelia has an unexpected encounter with Evan, the mysterious boy from her dreams, who reveals who and what she is – a descendant of the Greek gods. At that moment everything she knows of her world is a lie, and she must leave the present and go into the past to assume the role she was put on this earth for – safeguarding her ancient empire amidst evil forces that toil hastily to destroy it.

In a race against time, Cordelia must decide if she is truly a part of this dangerous world, or risk defying the gods, and ultimately lose the boy who has put a claim on her heart.


(Goodreads)

My thoughts:

This book kept my interest. It was a page turner. I only had one small window of a slowdown in one portion of the book (not telling-no spoilers here!), but it didn't last very long at all.  The cover art with Delia in her poofy dress was amazing too. Gorgeous!

I enjoyed the aspect of Greek mythology mixed with paranormal elements and combining them in an old west setting. That was original. It was not easy to predict what Delia, the main character was going to choose to do. Would she remember who she was? Would she fall for the human boy and not who she was meant to marry? Would her powers ever come back? What was her strange attraction to the boy who is supposed to be her enemy? All very good teasers and made me keep reading.

I want to thank the author for sending me an e-book so I could have the opportunity to review Betrayal before it hits the shelves in April.

5 out of 5 stars. It is a good read. Not predictable. It has originality in the plot and conflicts and on the whole was a page turner. Great job on a first novel.

4 comments:

  1. I found you on Book Blogs (Lone Star Bloggers Group) and am now your newest follower. I would love for you to visit me and consider following my review and/or Interview blog. Both blogs are linked. :) Laurie
    http://Lauriethoughts-reviews.blogsot.com
    http://lauriesinterviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. The cover is very interesting. It looks magical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a page turner based on your fab review. Adding to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover really is pretty. And I love mythology + paranormal, it seems like a great book for me! Thanks for a great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!