Thursday, March 10, 2011

Follow Friday and Blogger Hop

Happy Follow Friday everyone! Hope this week has brought you many awesome books.


Join our hosts on their linky lists and meet some uber cool bloggers!

http://www.crazy-for-books.com/
http://www.parajunkee.com/


Featured blog of the week:


For more information on our featured blogger of the week, pop over to Parajunkee's site and get her deets.

Question of the week:

Who are you "the person" as opposed to you "the blogger"?

My answer:

I am a Merchandise Manager at a very high volume B&N store.  It is a full time job and then some, but I love it. When I am not at work, I am a dog mom (dog slave) to 9 rescue dogs, 4 finches, 1 fish and 1 lizard. I am also a wife to my wonderful husband of almost seventeen years. When I am not keeping up with all of that, I am working on two YA novels, learning to knit and crochet and attempting to resurrect my exercise bike from underneath a pile of laundry. Most days I wish I had a maid. Some days I actually get to watch parts of a movie when I run past the TV. Go figure.

So yes, I have mastered the art of blogging and writing my books while getting my time in on the exercise bike (there is this awesome shelf on the bike), nuking dinner while rolling my hair in granny rollers and getting my husband's jeans ready in time for him to wear them to work when I get up at 4am to be at work before 7am. I blog over Cheerios. I read everywhere. Audio books are my friend. I need a tool belt for all of my electronic gadgets. Android phone. IPad. Nook Color.

Life is never dull. My life as a blogger started last fall. Social media in general started last April. I love it. Never have a felt more connected with book lovers and friends all over the globe. My job as a bookseller and the life of a book blogger mesh perfectly.  I get to talk about books day in and day out. What could be better than that?

So, now I have five blogs with differing subject matter, and am toying around with an idea for a sixth. But, to my husband's very real point, I need to get my books written. So, cross that New Year's resolution with the exercise bike that is staring me in the face and you have a woman that can really multitask.  Now, where is that coffee?
 From Cray-For-Books:
In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word!  This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books!  It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs to read!  So, grab the logo, post about the Hop on your blog, and start HOPPING through the list of blogs that are posted in the Linky list at crazy-for-books.com (http://www.crazy-for-books.com/)

The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week, so if you don't have time to Hop today, come back later and join the fun!  This is a weekly event!  And stop back throughout the weekend to see all the new blogs that are added!  We get over 200 links every week!! 

RULES:

Your blog should have content related to books, including, but not limited to book reviews.
1.  Enter your book blog link in the Linky List on the host site.
In your link, please state the main genre that you review:  eclectic, contemp. fiction, ya, paranormal, mystery, non-fiction, etc.

Example:  Crazy-for-Books (contemp. adult fiction) 

2. Post about the Hop on your blog.  Spread the word about the book party!  The more the merrier!  In your blog post, answer the following question (new question each week!).  
 
 
This week's question comes from Ellie who blogs at Musings of a Bookshop Girl:
 "If I gave you £50 (or $80) and sent you into a bookshop right now, what would be in your basket when you finally staggered to the till?"

My answer:
 
Wow. I think I would take half of the YA section with me. Probably the new book Zombie Autopsies also. It looks like a hoot. Steel, Darkest Mercy, Vespertine...those are all on my list.

2 comments:

  1. You have 5 blogs? Really? *goggles in amazement*
    I'm having a good time with just the one. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dana! Wow 5 blogs, that many! ;) You must really love animals! I don't have any animals, but I am thinking about getting a fish and name it cookie.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!